Educational Excellence Program
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 March 2012 22:38
The Christian Life Center Educational Excellence Program was established to find and recognize students with exceptional leadership potential, promote academic excellence, and provide financial support to students pursuing post-secondary education as well as qualified professionals pursuing advanced training, within our church and community.
- Student Workshops - To conduct educational programs that are directed toward inspiring, motivating, strengthening and promoting self-esteem amongst students.
- Parent Workshops - To conduct workshops for parents and students, which increases knowledge and awareness of school requirements, and actions parents can take to assist their children in meeting and or exceeding those requirements.
- Student Awards & Recognition - To recognize students for outstanding achievements in various endeavors including receipt of academic and civic awards.
- College Visits - To coordinate college visits for students to gain knowledge and experience about college life.
- June Graduation Program - To build a program that encourages students to aim towards graduating to the different levels of schooling beginning with Kindergarten all the way through college.
- Scholarship Program - To provide financial assistance to selected individuals whom are pursuing post secondary education through an annual scholarship competition.
- Tutorial Program - To provide a program where students in church who need assistance in certain academic areas can be matched on an individual basis with a church member who has the knowledge/expertise to be able to assist school aged children. The committee will coordinate the selection of tutors and keep a roster with their contact information, hours of availability and their specialty subject area.
- Resource Center - To provide an area of the church where members and visitors can receive information on postsecondary education and planning from universities, community groups and education associations. This information can include a calendar of educational events, financial aid information, workshops, educational programs sponsored by local groups and other materials.